Chickpea flour, also known as gram, or garbanzo bean flour, has been a staple in Indian cooking for centuries.
Gluten-free alternative to wheat flour.
Chickpea flour is a great substitute for wheat flour, as it acts similarly during cooking
Chickpeas are versatile legumes with a mild, nutty taste.
1. Loaded with important nutrients. Excellent source of several minerals, including iron, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, and manganese.
2. May reduce the formation of harmful compounds in processed foods
3. Has fewer calories than regular flour
4. Affects blood sugar less than wheat flour
Chickpea flour is high in fiber, which may help improve blood fat levels.
5. Chickpea flour is higher in protein than wheat flour, ideal protein source for vegetarians, as they provide nearly all of the essential amino acids.